- Highly palatable and stable formulation
- Non-anticoagulant active which does not bioaccumulate
- Superior performance - up to three times faster control than anticoagulants
- Stop-feeding effect that prevents bait wastage
- Flexible and diverse use pattern
How it works
The active ingredient in Selontra is neither persistent nor bio-accumulative. Selontra controls rodents up to three times faster than anticoagulant rodenticides and has a stop-feeding effect, which results in reduced bait wastage and significant cost savings.
Studies on birds (quail and mallard) have shown that compared to rats and mice, they are approximately 50-times less sensitive to cholecalciferol. Secondary poisoning studies on 0.075% / 0.08% cholecalciferol baits have shown no signs of toxicosis in the cats, dogs or birds tested.*
*Eason, C.T. et al. (1996), Proc. 17. Vertebrate Pest Conf. 54-58.
Marshall, E.F. (1984), Proc. 11. Vertebrate Pest Conf. 95-98.
Erickson, W. and Urban, D. (2004).
Potential Risks of Nine Rodenticides to Birds and Non Target Mammals: A Comparative Approach. United States Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.